Tuesday 4 February 2020

Battletech Game

Recently I've been wanting to get into Battletech a bit more so I joined a Facebook group for UK players of the game and asked if anyone local to Leeds would be up for a game. I'm a non-competitive wargamer, which means I find it pretty hard to find people who I enjoy playing games with. I'm not interested in winning (although it can be fun), I'm more interested in creating a fun narrative and enjoying a shared story.

Luckily I found a fellow gamer who shared my enthusiasm for the fluff, so I went out to Bradford to play a quick 2v2 game of Battletech: Total Warfare with him at the local Geek Retreat.

My Mechs (Blue Centurion - left, and Red Griffin - right) use the local buildings as cover.

The container stack protected my Griffin from the Crab standing on the hilltop, allowing me to concentrate all my fire on the enemy Rifleman.

The deadly Crab, sitting on it's hilltop perch.

The Rifleman managed to survive numerous rounds of sustained fire from both my Centurion and Griffin.

My Centurion being sneaky and firing it's AC10 from behind cover.

My Centurion being less sneaky and falling over after suffering massive damage in one turn.

With the Centurion and Riflemen gone, the Griffin comes out to take on the Crab.

One of the Mech battlesheets. Lots of stat-tracking, but it makes for a very strong visual image of the events as they unfold.

Final battle between Griffin and Crab. It was a furious duel, but my Griffin struggled at such close range (even with the maneuverability afforded by it's jumpjets).

Eventually, my Griffin was beaten down by the Crab. It was a fun little game! Hopefully I'll get to meet up with Colin again for another game.

No comments:

Post a Comment