Wednesday 5 February 2020

Ghouls & Goblins (and an elf)

Quick painting post today with lots of pictures. I got a pack of the new Warhammer Nighthaunts from that Mortal Realms magazine for £3. 10 spooky ghosts for £3 isn't a bad price, and I really like the sculpts of these ghosts. They remind me a lot of the wraiths from the Witcher 2.

I thought I'd do a test paint of one before doing the other nine, and followed the painting tutorial from Warhammer TV. I took pictures at each step for reference.

Based in Vallejo Primer and metals painted with Citadel Leadbelcher.

Quillons and pommel painted with P3 Blighted Gold.

Gravestone painted with Citadel Mechanicus Standard Grey.

I used Citadel Ushabti Bone for the skull and arms.

Citadel Nihilakh Oxide over the robe, arms and face.

Citadel Nighthaunt Gloom over the cowl.

Citadel Agrax Earthshade over the metals and gravestone.

I still have basing to do on the miniature, and I need to drybrush the gravestone, but otherwise I'd say it's done for a quick battle-ready paintjob.

I also decided to get out my Warhammer Fantasy Battle 5th edition goblin (and orc) army. Looks like I only have a couple more models (& bases) to paint! Will this be my first ever completed army soon?















Finally I started work on Mordheim's Aenur - The Sword of Twilight. I've had this model since I was 14 or so, and thought I should probably get round to painting it up. Not quite done yet, but I'll finish it off this week I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment