Monday 13 January 2020

28mm Battletech, Star Wars rebasing & Ardhammer!

Varied update today with some of my current projects.

28mm Battletech Project

I've got a large 28mm sci-fi project I've been working on for a while. The project started off being themed towards a sci-fi RPG campaign I ran for a few years, but I took a lot of inspiration from Battletech anyway in that campaign, so now it's just going to be for running Battletech miniatures campaigns where a mission calls for squad-level warfare instead of lances of Mechs.

I have a number of 28mm scale sci-fi tanks and cars - mostly from Antenocitis Workshop and Old Crow Models - and recently I got my first mech! 

It's a Robotech toy and I had to get it from America. It was a lot smaller than I expected and it looked like a cheap plastic toy, but now that I've started to paint it it looks a lot better.



Sedition Wars miniature for scale. 

I still have more painting to do on it but it's looking decent already. This is a 70t Warhammer mech. 

Star Wars Miniatures


I started collecting Star Wars WOTC miniatures quite a few years ago, and mostly used them in theme agnostic systems like Frostgrave or the "A Song of..." series. 

I'm not a fan of the plain black bases and they're sometimes warped so I thought I'd rebase them on clear acrylics. It's taking a LONG time though. Turns out I have a lot of Star Wars minis. 



The big blue beast on the right is actually a d&d ankheg but I thought he fit right in with Star Wars. I'm sure I can find some appropriate monster to cast him as in one of my Star Wars D20 books. 


Ardhammer


I also attended a North East UK buy & sell for tabletop games. I rented a table for the event and sold a bunch of stuff! I've been attempting to consolidate my hobby projects into just the things I'm really into. You can end up amassing quite a lot of different things in this hobby! Especially if you buy eBay lots for the one or two items you REALLY want, and a whole bunch of stuff you're not really into. 

I sold quite a bit, and then bought a few things because I couldn't resist! In my defence I bought far less than I sold and it was all painted so isn't adding onto my project pile at least.

I got some classic Chaos Warriors painted to a good standard, and a runic monolith which will be useful for mission objectives. I also got a badass officer holding a pistol, perfect for my sci-fi projects!








And as I was in the North East I took a detour to Fountain's Abbey with my partner Laura.



No comments:

Post a Comment